Read the article bellow, it was sent, as stated, and is of great benefit to you, we hope the easy steps are easy while you apply them to your business. Comment at the forum, as usual. Good luck.
John Orafa sent a message to the members of Naija Business Group ( NBG ).
Subject: Marketing Your Small Business in Five Easy Steps.
Hi Naija People,
Its been a while and i hope U're doing great. Today i'm sharing another wonderful article. Please read it.
Whether or not you have devoted much time to it, you must realize that marketing is very important to the overall health of your small business. This is especially true anytime there is an economic downturn in the United States and any whereelse in the world. Without marketing, your small business could very easily disappear into the shadows of the corporate giants or even smaller competitors.
Some business owners are afraid to delve too deep into marketing, fearing that they will spend a great deal of money and gain nothing. Often, these business owners rely on word of mouth. While reputation is important, you have to be proactive to gain new customers. Here are five very simple steps you can take to successfully market your business.
1. Consider your target audience. You do not want to waste Nairas advertising to the wrong crowd, so you must think very carefully about what audience you need to reach. For example, if you own a ladies' clothing boutique, you certainly would not want to advertise in a hunting and fishing newsletter. Before you make any marketing decisions, make sure you are very clear on what demographic you need to reach.
2. Choose your marketing type. There are many ways you can market your business, and you will most likely wish to employ more than one of these ways, but the best method is to choose a couple of type and stick with them. When you are consistent, people will start to recognize your logos and information. For example, you could choose to give away promotional t-shirts and simultaneously advertising each week in your local newspaper or here on the group. This will be a great way to reach many people.
3. Now that you know whom you want to advertise to and how you want to reach them, you will need to set a budget. While many people balk at the idea of spending very much on advertising, it is definitely a necessary expense. However, in order to successfully run your business, go ahead, set a marketing budget, and stick to it strictly.
4. Begin your marketing campaign. While you will want to advertise throughout the year, saturating the market during key times can be quite helpful. For example, if you offer quite a large amount of holiday home décor, then you may want to make your biggest marketing push in November and December.
5. Do not give up. Unfortunately, many small business owners start a marketing strategy, go full force for a few months and then give up, thinking that they have wasted their money. The key, however, is to be consistent and not give up. It may take a while, but your efforts are sure to pay off. BusinessIdeas Newsletters Sign up free.
Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:25 PM